In this episode, I cover how you can create your first six figures at your event. Is creating six figures at your event pretty important? Yes! Create impact, create money, and build your credibility and authority.
Recently, I went to an event and noticed it was focused heavily on the upsell. I discuss how you can create a six figure event for you and your business and really succeed (without he sleazy salesman tactics).
1. Research: Don’t Skip This Part! It’s very important to find the best research and getting in the know of how much it will actually cost. Using my event budget worksheet, (visit www.eventistrybyalecia.com to grab this worksheet!), you can plug in the actual and projected amounts. Be resourceful and do the number crunching!
2. Be Resourceful: Where can you sharpen the budget? Can you get sponsors? Be prepared and look at all angles.
3. Negotiate: There is always room for a discussion on what you want. When creating your profitable event, work closely with people and vendors who offer their ideal price. Create a win-win solution for everyone.
4. Find Out What Your Attendees Want: Before you’re able to reach your prospects, you have to identify them. Every strategy you implement will directly target a demographic. Make sure you are reaching your ideal customer. What you may want, may not be what they want.
5. Having VIP options: Typically, these options should be a higher price point. More often, VIP’s invest in themselves at the end of your event.
6. Upsell: This coincides with having a strong upsell strategy. The upsell and the opportunity to work with the speaker is essential. At the end of your event, offer the opportunity to work with you in a 1:1 way. Not doing this is leaving money on the table.
7. Having A Strong Follow Up: Consider pre-selling your next event. This will help you set money aside for that upcoming event.
8. Crunching The Numbers: Following and focusing on creating meaningful interactions between the numbers and the choices that led to them is a huge help when looking at where your money went. This will help you set targets and realistic goals for your next event.
Bonus Tip 1: Leave An Emergency Fund/Contingency. Plan on leaving a contingency. I reccommend 10-20% of your overall budget.
Bonus Tip 2: Get Creative To Make Your Budget Stretch.
A lil bit about me, Alecia May:
I’m an Event Coach + Strategist expert in love with working alongside kickass womenpreneurs who have an insatiable craving to do more, be more, and make more. From hosting your first event or retreat to multi-day conferences, we have the tools, resources and strategy to help you and YOUR business succeed.
It doesn’t matter if you’re in the beginning stages of planning your first event ever or just need an experienced hand to take over the marketing for the last few months leading up to the event.
I’m the founder of Eventistry by Alecia. When it comes to planning your event, think of me as your wingwoman – I’ve got your back and will map out your event marketing strategy, fill the seats with eager attendees, and create a positively memorable experience for everyone involved. My mission as an Event + Marketing Strategist is to help entrepreneurial women like you inject passion, flair, and an unforgettable je ne sais quoi into your events, turning them from “OK” or “good enough” into jaw-droppingly successful 6-figure “WOW” weekends.
Visit my website: www.eventistrybyalecia.com